Sunday, April 11, 2010

Getting to Know Ken Downing

At an intimate dinner, Editor at Large, Christine Suppes, asks influential Fashion Director of Neiman Marcus, Ken Downing, five questions, revealing things we never new about this style maker.

What would you be doing if you weren't in fashion?

KD: I'd be an actor. I am in a way, anyway.


What do you tell your colleagues when you don't like a collection?

KD: I tell them I've seen it with my own eyes.


Do you lie?

KD: In fashion , we never lie. We only exaggerate.


What's your favorite swear word?

KD: Malarkey. It's so retro and not too offensive, but says what I'm trying to convey.


What do you plan to do after you retire from fashion?

KD: Go to some fabulous place and never see another fashion show.

No comments:

Post a Comment